Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fundraiser Artists and other art happenings!

The event that we're putting on at The Crofoot on March 27th is getting closer and closer. And our artists are really getting antsy to show their work! Here is another preview!
Beth Amber is a woman of many talents: film maker (Amber Villain Films), Rock & Rummage Organizer, art show curator of The Belmont and budding fine artist! Here is a statement from Beth Amber about her work, "Lately I have been inspired by film and music. My work has been directly affected by the knowledge I have acquired within these mediums. Being an independent film maker has allowed me access on a more personal level, which my work has definitely been affected by.
The paintings I am bringing will be Fair Weathered 2009 my newest piece inspired by the movie fur and Gray Matter 2008 inspired by the movie Gray Gardens. I am also bring some of my signature pieces including Drip Girl, created in 1998 after a complete makeover in my personal situation.As far as the photography side goes, I will be including my Art of Violence series which I have been developing since 2002. It is the series of work that reflects my personal views on society and there willingness to accept violent situations in a very lightly matter. I wanted to show in this series the possibilities that the darkest moments of life, there is light and art.I have also been working on a journal series of 60's pin up and classic horror collage. These series has brought my work in a full circle and has taken me to many different levels."
Talking Squid, Taryn Boyd, has a mantra of "Stylishly Recycling T-Shirts Since 2006."


All of my work is made from 100% recycled t-shirts. I enjoy pushing the boundaries of my material and transforming into new and modern products. I am most known for my designer recycled t-shirt rugs which are soft, luxurious, modern, and eco-friendly with a sleek and urban design. I also make tote bags, clutches, headbands, and pet accessories. You can view more of my work @ http://www.talkingsquid.etsy.com/.

No comments: